Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Minister of Commerce Trade and Industry Robert Sichinga lied?

By Staff writter - 08/02/12 Recentry Commerce, Trade and Indury Minister Robert Sichinga was reported to have said that the former ruling MMD printed fake Kwacha in China ammounting to K3 trillion. I thought this was quite an awesome story. As a careful Journalist though never posted the story online. I told the Minister that I needed to see some of the fake Kwacha shown to me by him. He hasent yet done so. I approached some of the commercial banks in a bid that I could show me part of the Sichinga contraband, they couldn't and then I announced was about to loose confidence in the Reserve Bank which I have delt with for over 10 years as one of my best sources of information. Now yesterday the bank officially told me personally that it is not aware of any fake Kwacha printed in China and injected into the market illegally. If this is done would shock or distort the money markets. I am now left wondering whether Minister Sichinga will rank among those who like terming me a Journalist who can never just get whatever an official says as gospel truth but keeps asking unnecessary questions to verify the authentisit of their raw informatio or data. Will Minister Sichinga blame me if I throw it right in his face that I no longer have confidence in him? That I actually hate liers like him? That he is not fit to hold a government ministerial position as he is uncredible? That every time he will speak I will never take him serious as he is now tossed into the same basket where some of those he accused now belong? That I have statrted loosing confidence in the whole PF government because of statement such as his? That whatever the Ministers pronnounce have a great pottential of being lies? Will he blame me for regarding him one of a type of Fake Economists who dream speak without considering any reality of what they say? Will Minister Sichinga blame citizens of Zambia of propagatting hatrade against him and the overwhelmingly voted for PF government if they passed a vote of no confidence because of statement such as his and ask him to step aside to face personal litigations resulting from officially refuted pronnouncements? Am just wondering also if his ba Sebele - the President- dropped him until his now refuted claims are substantiated would he complain? I mean how could just Bob make such a statement from without and for what? Aren't these types of politics thrown into the bin by Zambians since September 2011? I thought as Minister Bob who I have interviewed countless times now in my career and sort of respected to be meticulous would only make pronnouncements after verifying everything and interogating issues propery! Are these not the same things he would go to town about when he was independent MP, consultant and opposition UPND? So can we still ask him as Journalists to really substantiate his earlier claims and prove the Authority on monetary matters - Reserve bank - wrong so that we can loose complete confidence in the colleagues we have lots of respect for at Central bank? Ohhh! I hear that now he has been sued by those he accused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Truth, fairness, logical, good language and professionalism.